Monday, September 12, 2005

A concert of West East Fusions

Two days ago I went to check out the west/east fusion concert by Ruba Saqr and Ramzi Rais at Dar El Anda, and I was blown away.

First off, the setting was perfect; a relaxed gathering of people who want to enjoy the great weather and the good music as well as the fantastic view of Amman.

Apparently Ruba and Ramzi are long time friends, who ran into each other in Amman after not seeing each other for around 10 years. Now that they are back they have decided to perform some of their old songs and some of the new material the they have wrote 2 weeks ago.



As for the music, well they pulled off a great mix of cool funky/bluesy riffs coupled with a mix of English/Arabic lyrics. Their songs had different kinds of themes, some were about life, others touched on some political issue...

Ruba's voice was mind blowing, she was able to change her voice depending on the song's mood giving it (the song) just another dimension.

As for Ramzi (my soccer buddy from Montreal) .... Ahh Ya Ramzi.
Ramzi is a phenomenal guitar player (at least for Me), he's a genius. I just love they riffs he comes up with since the University days. He has a very creative musical mind, music and lyrics wise. Not to mention his excellent command of the guitar.



Put Ruba's voice with Ramzi's Guitar performance and you've got your self a guarantee for good music.

Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures, but I had my vid cam on night mode cause there wasn't enough light. Oh and I am capturing the video right now, I will try to upload that later.

[edit]

Ok I have uploaded the video hope you like it. This song is called Wisdom in A Minor. The quality is not really good as i had to compress the file for the web and cause I had night vision due to the lack of lighting.

VIDEO FILE DOWLOAD [4.53M]

[/edit]

3 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Blogger Roba said...

wow that was really nice! I'm impressed,.
It sort of reminded me of Mosaic, a Syrian band that I got introduced to in last year's Amman Goes Jazz.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Omarello said...

hey this link points to my blog??

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger Roba said...

hehe oops.. tasteel..

andfaraway.blogspot.com/2004/12/amman-goes-jazz.html
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home