Saturday, September 17, 2005

Old Junk!!!

Today it was as if the tape of my life 10 years ago flashed infront my eyes. If anybody opens that small drawer, will think a trashcan was emptied there. But to me it meant a lot more, each and every piece of it brought me back to an event or a period of time that I wanted to make a memory of. Torn pieces of writings, abstract pictures, funny school notes, drawings from the 8th grade art class, metro passes, and even the very first phone card I got in the U.S. Searching through this junk hole, I found the first poem I ever wrote. I remember I was fourteen when I wrote it, and it was dedicated to a guy who I used to like then (saya3a)…well I thought there is no harm in sharing it, (as long as my image remains the same, remember I was only 14 then) …

Empty

Here is your seat…empty from everything except your absence…
I hear your voice…full of silence…
Here I am … all alone…
Only memories make me wait the dawn…
Still awake…without a cup of coffee…
Without your whispers going through me…
With non of your heart beats to revive me…
Running from a shelter to a hiding place…
Waiting for breaths to guide me…
And whenever my hand moves closer to feel yours…
It comes back with itches…
And my blood turns into beautiful sketches…
No reflection to find my identity…
Only my heart is racing to abandon this abandoned body…
And still here is your seat…
lacks your fire to burn my heat…
Still waiting for your shadow to appear…
Wishing and hoping that one-day, you’ll come back to me dear…

Pretty dramatic (mosalsal hendi)…I know…but until now I have no f$@##% clue what was going through my mind then!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home