Saturday, September 17, 2005

To live is to die...

Life and Death…. What’s the meaning of Life? What happens after Death?

I went into this discussion with a friend of mine about life and death, basically the discussion revolved around the meaning and purpose of life.

I brought up the phrase “Life is all about death”, which then rang a bell as I just realized what the song To Live is To Die by Metallica meant.

I happen to think of my life as a series of events that would pile up to increase my knowledge and experience, hence help me achieve my goals in life.
But then you might ask, well if life is all about death then why bother. Why exhaust yourself when you already know that you’re going to die at the end.

Well this is the turning point that keeps a human being alive. This is the point where if you did not find the meaning and purpose of life, then people would probably find you standing on the bridge over the Nile ready to jump (i.e. Committing suicide :)).

Also this is the point were I came to disagree with my friend.

My point was that a person needs to seize the day (carpe diem), he needs to live the moment, he has to think of his life day by day in order to accomplish his ultimate goals.
We all know that we are going to die one day in order to complete the circle of life, so why not make the best of it while you can.
Once one has accomplished his goals and its time for him to go (i.e. Die), then he could look back at his life, with pride, thinking how he passed all his life’s accomplishments to others (family, friends and/or community).
After that… well there is no after that, cause your Dead. And that’s what keeps me running; knowing that I have the ability to look back at my life and be proud of it.

Other people may explain the meaning and purpose of their life in different ways, and I respect that, as long as you know that your life has a meaning then you’re on the safe side.

If you don’t then just make sure that you hang out with lots of people at all time so that they can stop you from committing suicide someday.

4 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Blogger Rania said...

"To live is to die" in the sense that the more you think of life and being alive, the more aware you are of the powerful reality of death, and vice versa. The more you *live* in the full sense, the more clearly and deeply you realize that life is not forever, and so you learn to live it even more faithfully.

The purpose of life? I don't know yet.. This is the question whose answer I'm in search of.

 
At 1:45 AM, Anonymous bashar said...

listen to jordanian songs @ www.vivajordan.net

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger The Unknown said...

Talking for myself, Life would not mean much if there was no fear of death. Someday i will be lifeless (dead), so i might as well Live (not just exist) while i still can.

True story!!

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Jeffy george said...

We have a choice 'LIVE OR DIE'Every breath is a choice..Every minute is a choice..."TO BE OR NOT TO BE"... Today the most unforgettable day as i saw my classmate,,,,my friend freezed in the mobile mortary .......just sleeping!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home